Landsmot has always been carried on the shoulders of volunteers, many of whom give their work year after year with the same passion and drive that characterized Landsmot in the very beginning. Enormous preparation lies in the planning and execution of Landsmot and to meet modern demands we build an entire village for up to 15,000 spectators. Your contribution is vital to make Landsmot a magnificent event.
Working at Landsmot is a great way to meet other people who share your enthusiasm over horses and we hope that our volunteers will enjoy working at Landsmot and find it a fun and a fulfilling experience. We truly value your contribution and hope it makes a great event even better. Welcome on board with us at Landsmot 2018 in Reykjavík!
Volunteers work at least 3 x 6 hour shifts during the tournament. Those who are interested can take on more shifts, as there is plenty of work. Each shift lasts six hours and volunteers will be divided into groups and each group is assigned to a specific responsibility or task.
The exact hours of the week’s shifts are yet to be decided.
Volunteers work on a number of projects and are involved in almost everything that needs to be done at Landsmot. It is important that volunteers are well aware of their duties on each shift and seek information about what to do if they have any questions.
Example of volunteer work:
- Ticket monitoring and seating in bleachers
- Childcare at playgrounds
- Security in the stables
- Sanitation and monitoring at campsites
- Night security
- Assistance with ticket sales and head office
- Coffee rounds
- Security at campsite
- Sales assistance
What is expected of me?
Staff will assign volunteers to shifts. After shifts have been assigned we hope that drastic changes will not have to be made. Volunteers work a minimum of 3 x 6 hour shifts but can be expected to take on more shifts. Volunteers are representatives of Landsmót and should always be an example of good behavior during the tournament.
We want our volunteers to have a good time but always bear the following in mind at all times.
- That you have a burning enthusiasm for your work and that you will be able to enjoy yourself, while working for Landsmót.
- Age: 18 years or older.
- Language: Fluent English is required.
- You must be prepared to take on various jobs, given to you by the volunteer’s team leader.
- The minimum work is 3 x 6 hours during Landsmót. That means that you have to work at least 18 hours during the Landsmót week
- You will have to attend an information meeting where you will be told about the work and the schedule during the event.
The volunteer’s team leader will decide how the shifts will be dealt out.
Volunteering is essentially unpaid work but we value your contribution and reward our volunteers with various benefits. We try to create a good atmosphere around the work and hope that you will enjoy working with us. In return for your contribution you will receive the following benefits:
- Free of charge entrance to Landsmót.
- Free of charge meals while working.
- Merch labeled Landsmót 2018.
- If our chief of staff thinks you have done a good job you will be able to get recommendations from us, if requested.
- Volunteers can camp in a secluded, quiet area with ascess to toilets in a short walking distance from the competition area.
Volunteers will have access to a reserved camping area in walking distance from the show grounds.
NOTE: Landsmot does not provide tents, mattresses or sleeping bags.
Volunteers will have access to public restrooms and showers at the camping grounds. Volunteers are free to camp elsewhere in the area or use other accommodations offered in Reykjavík.
If volunteers choose their own accommodation outside the camping area, they must get themselves to and from the location at the beginning and end of each shift.
Volunteers will have to get themselves to and from Landsmót. For information regarding transportation within the city of Reykjavík see www.straeto.is
You can get a bus from Keflavík airport to the bus terminal in Reykjavík. For more information regarding transportation from Keflavik airport see www.flybus.is
If you want to help out at Landsmót hestamanna 2018 please email us: email@example.com
The last day to apply will be May 10th 2018 .
All applications will be answered shortly!